1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cdrom ain't working

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Kai79, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Kai79

Kai79 Member

I have cdrw drive as slave (for HDD), and dvdrw (secondary master) and dvdrom(secondary slave). The problem is that the cdrw will take cd's in but it won't recognize them (reads for some time and then nothing). I have following errors in Event viewer (winXP);
    1)
    Windows couldn't log the RSoP (Resultant Set of Policies) session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy.

2)
    WMI ADAP was unable to process the performance libraries: 0x80041001

3)
    An error was detected on device DeviceCdRom2 during a paging operation.

does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

2. bird1234

bird1234 Member

one problem that i seen before is that since the CDRW runs at 33 and the hard drive runs at 100 or 133, systems don't like that and sometimes random problems occur. Try taking out the DVD-rom drive and put the CDRW in it's place. Try reading a disk again

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I wouldn't connect the CD-RW to a HD line. I would recommed buying at cable with multi connections on it. I bought one at Active surplus here in Toronto for $5 and has 6 possible devices added. Set the DVD-Rw as Master, the DVD-rom and CD-Rw as slave (with jumpers) don't use cable select. That should work. I try to just keep hard drives on the HD line.