1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cdrom not refreshing

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by palesha, May 16, 2004.

1. palesha

palesha Member

cdrom not refreshing

After winxp start we put the cd in cdrom. We get the details about the cd content in the explorer

window. Then we change the cd in the cdrom but still getting the same cd content. Even after

refresh or several times taking out & reinserting, we get the same cd content. This happens even if

i change to another cdrom on my system. My system is already upgraded to SP1.
    I hv aspi layer installed & checked. it shows ok with winaspi check. . But i was not able to extract

audio through cdex & eac. Even blindwrite was not recognising all drives. then i installed wnaspi

32.dll in their respective programme folders & now they r working, This shows that wnaspi installed

in system32 folder is not working. But the file is ok. Same file works in programme folder.
    Kindly guide me how to get rid of this problem.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Do you have "autorun" enabled or disabled? I'm not the expert on this fix but have suggestions if you can't fix the problem.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ya, when you disable autorun with WXP (and to a lesser extent, W2K), the refrshing of the drives is something that goes a tad out of wack.... sometimes it refreshes, sometimes it doesnt. In either case -- even if the drive label is wrong, you should still be able to access the contents of the drive (provided youve given the drive enough time to spin up).