1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDRW burning problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by EviLcOs, Jan 28, 2003.

1. EviLcOs

EviLcOs Member

I'm burning a CDRW with a nero 5.5.1.0 but nero say's that it don't support this type of media! but I have erase it using the nero and CDRW medium was used before on the same Burner..

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Dunno. If this happens even after PC reboot,
    try uninstalling and reinstalling (or, better, upgrading) Nero. Maybe some Nero internal files crashed...

What does Nero show if you try the 'Medium Info' command? (in 'Recorder' menu - use CTRL-I shortcut)

3. EviLcOs

EviLcOs Member

Actualy I used already 3 version of nero. and the latest of nero still comes up with the same problem! The CD-info of the nero say that the CD inserted is a CD-rewritable. I have tried the medium with CloneCD and the CD-RW works perfectly! At first I think my burner is the one that causing the problem but it works with clonecd! I have used the same CD-RW media before meaning the CD-RW media is already used CD-RW media on my burner and not a new brand of CD-RW media, it works before but now it causing me this type problem! What ya guys think...? by the way I have already tried it on the same Windows OS, XP(now,which just upgraded) and 98SE(before).

4. EviLcOs

EviLcOs Member

Sorry I just type a wrong version of nero, which is not 5.5.1.0 but it is 5.5.10.0 which was already the latest! the 3 version I used is 5.5.7.9, 5.5.8.0 and the latest 5.5.10.0!

thanks for helping me out guys!

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry, I do not really know because Nero never gave me a problem.

Maybe (please note I'm just guessing) the many versions of Nero installed are conflicting each other?

You could try (but, again, just a desperate try) to uninstall everything by also removing the Ahead/Nero entries in the registry (using REGEDIT).

Please note that this is very difficult and risky (you might damage your system) and before doing that you should check on the net how to do it (i.e. which reg key you can remove).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2003