1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cdrw needs replaced - Win ME HP Pavilion

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by profellis, Mar 5, 2003.

1. profellis

profellis Member

I am operating Windows ME on my HP Pavilion xt923. The Mitsumi CDRW is a "high failure item" according to a techy at HP. I want to replace this FAILED CDRW with an EXCELLENT CDRW or a DVD/CDRW. Does anyone know of any IDE plug n play makes and models that would work perfectly with my system?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Greg

prof_ellis@email.com

2. DarkFire

DarkFire Guest

First, you should upgrade your OS to Windows XP, because Win ME is the most glichy and falty operating out there. After that you should get the BusLink 52x24x52 drive. This is made by LiteOn (supreme makers of CDRW drives). The LTR - 52246S is simply the best drive. It supports all kind of burning so you can back-up any game with just Alcohol 120%.

DarkFire

3. profellis

profellis Member

Thanks Darkfire. Any other folks have other thoughts??

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

That HP technician is full of sh*t! Mitsumi drives are excellent drives! The MemorexMAX52x is also a rebagged Litey, and you should upgrade to WinXP or go Win2k Pro. Hell, just do a dual boot with these 2 o/s= can't go wrong.

Shoey

5. Acehole

Acehole Guest

As for Buslink, I have the 48x12x48 cd-rw drive and I've had no success so far backing up Safedisc or Safedisc 2 protected cds.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Consider the LiteON LTR 52x or MemorexMAX52x (rebagged Litey) to backup Safedisc and SecuROM.

Shoey

7. Acehole

Acehole Guest

Check that. I was wrong. I did successfully back up a Safedisc 2 protected cd with Buslink writer. I didn't even realize it until just now, when I found out what copy protection was used on the disc that I copied.

8. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member