1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certain backups won't play, is it my evox.ini file?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by HawgFan, Mar 12, 2004.

1. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

I am having trouble playing certain backups, such as Crimson Skies, GTA VC, and others. They play on my friend's modded xbox, but not mine. When I insert the DVD, the xbox can typically read it as a game, but when I try to load it I have no success.

I saw on another forum some ideas for fixing this problem, namely setting IGR = No in the evox.ini file. It mentioned there are three locations where "IGR" appears in the file, but my evox.ini only contains one entry for IGR settings. I set it to "No," but it hasn't helped.

Does anybody know a fix to this problem? I'm running a xecutor 2.3b Pro with the M7 bios. If anybody can play crimson skies with the M7 bios, can you post your evox.ini file so I can use it (maybe)?

Thanks for the help!
    DJ

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

nothing to do with your ini.

Your drive is different from your friends and it struggles to recognize the media.

3. RazorWind

RazorWind Member

I having same problems with GTA3. I use all same DVD+r
    backups and they work but i tried GTA3 and evox says No Disc

4. RazorWind

RazorWind Member

I having same problems with GTA3. I use all same DVD+r
    backups and they work but i tried GTA3 and evox says No Disc

Srry Double post Srry

Last edited: Mar 13, 2004
  5. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

I'm using the same media and burning method for all my backups, but some of them freeze-up when trying to load them. All of my friend's backups are on the same media also, but some of his play on my machine and some don't. I've tried some of the things mentioned in this link:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=134146

but still not having any luck. If anybody has seen problems like this before, and fixed it, please tell me exactly what you did. I'm thinking I might need a different bios or dashboard (I'm uing M7 bios with 3935 build dashboard).

Thanks for any help!
    DJ