1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certain Cd-r games wont boot with Swap Magic!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by clownz325, Jan 13, 2005.

1. clownz325

clownz325 Member

Hi all,
    I had a question because some of the games I ordered from a backup site will not boot with my swap magic. I have Swap Magic 3.00 for the cd version and I have 2.00 for the dvd version. Some games will work, but others wont. To list one would be Dragon Ball: Final Bout. I even Special booted and burned it myself to different media and It STILL didnt boot! I have others too. And also, Tony hawks underground 2 just stoped working. It worked before and now it freezes. Its on Ritek GO4 media and has worked before and now it doesnt. Weird. Oh, is it true that if you bump a solderless chip in your ps2 it will mess up? I dont know how to solder and dont want to fry my ps2 but then I heard that..... Oh well thanks guys & gals. -Clownz

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

games you buy from a backup site might be dvd rips, which require breaker pro.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

i see you have a v4 ps2,are you using dvd-r?

4. clownz325

clownz325 Member

yea ritek go4 dvd-r and dvds work fine

5. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

Quote: (sly_61019 games you buy from a backup site might be dvd rips, which require breaker pro.)
    I think He mment CD rip's PSx games. I could be wrong. CD PSx rips require Breaker Pro. This allows you to play PSx games on a PS2 console.