1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certain games not running from 120gb HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by harpz69, Apr 11, 2005.

1. harpz69

harpz69 Member

Does anyone else have problems running certain games from their upgraded Xbox HDD. I have problems with 'Topspin', 'F1 Career Challenge' & 'Pirates of the Caribbean' as yet. These games are all from originals that I own, and I am wondering whether or not they have to be editted in some way.

Regards

Harpz69

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

try clearing the cache folder...pretty sure it is on the E partition...you can clear it from ftp or if you have a file browser app on your xbox...if this doesn't work i have no clue of what to suggest.

3. harpz69

harpz69 Member

I don't think it's that. It is a brand new install.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i was just giving you something to try...if you know about xbox modding this would be the first thing to try, and i gurantee you if someone else would have responded before me, they would have suggested the same thing to start with.

5. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

upgraded your hard drive.does that mean you transfered all your old files to the new drive?try what mdsup says, clear the cache folder.It could have been corrupted.Are those games installed on the hard drive?Try re-installing them.

6. harpz69

harpz69 Member

I've found the problem. It is because certain games need to be patched. I have downloaded UnleashX and that has a 'patch xbe' option, which has solved my problem.

BTW I have been modding xboxs for 2 years and this is the first instance that I have come acroos of games not running from the HDD due to them not being patched.

Regards

Antony