1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CF or Dev?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Smurff, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

Well, I've been a little MIA for a while, and since I've returned, it seems there has been quite a few advances in the psp scene, and I'm just not sure what i want to do next, currently I've got 1.5 PSP and Dev hook .45 (2.71Emul). Not sure if i want to step into CF and away from my Virgin 1.5, or if i should just update Dev hook and use that instead...

I know i want to be able to change the fonts, icons(haven't gotten that to work well yet), coldboots, gameboots, play ps1 games(maybe) and cso's, etc. anyone have any opinions on what i should do next? please provide some good reasoning, not just something like '3.03 oe-b cuz it's cool.'

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

deleted

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

i wasn't looking for links, i was hoping to get the opinions of some long time members for there thoughts on the whole aspect of everything.

4. touran22

touran22 Regular member

i was on 1.5 or a 1.5 "er" but after the USB mod on SE-C i had to upgrade! now i swore to my self that i would not upgrade or downgrade again as i had my SE-C cuztomoized with built in hostfs.

But then 3.02 OE-A came out. i resisted. OE-B... i resisted.

When 3.03 OE-A came with psx compression i swaw that the games were small enoguh to fit on my 512mb MS..... i upgraded in a matter of minutes after i heard how small the psx game sgot. now im running 3.03 OE-B fully customized with icons, customized MAC adress, customized system version.. ALL titels including all teh ones down the system menu all changed. my psp is not owned by sony.!!!!

I know a friend called Guano hu was also specticale about upgrading to 3.0x because he hada virgin 1.5 but after he saw the psx games in action his was a virgin no more..

I say go for it!! u can always go back.

With devhook emulating 3.03 u cannot play psx games! al the more reason to upgrade!!!!!!

5. gzach

gzach Regular member

yeah touran is rite, i also didnt like the whole custom fm thing, but i looked at it this way : all the homebrew features of 1.5 + running iso's from the XBM and no need for devhook + new features of 3.03 + psx emulator (with compression).

Like touran said, if you dont like it you can always go back, only thing is it wouldnt be a virgin 1.5 anymore :p

6. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh every virgin needs to get fcuked at some point. may take some time but they will in the end .... lol

7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

well if guano has resisted no further, then i might as well not resist anymore either, hell, can always swap for another virgin 1.5 if i don't like it :)

Hey Touran, what else do i need besides the 3.03 OE-B firmware to have some fun?

8. touran22

touran22 Regular member

u just need the plugins man! music while in XMB, in game. screen shots, SVC capture (take videos while in game and XMB) change all teh titles just custoize. use irshell for sure. u can try out so many stuff man! im flashing liek crazy man! i change my menue titles all the time and flash it!

Its fun liek this.

9. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

ahight, where's the BEST place for plugins.
    or should i say, which plugins are the best?

10. touran22

touran22 Regular member

well there are n plugins place.

Just look around. i use the screen shot, 4th brightness, SVC capture, and mp3 moduales.! best ones to use!

11. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

Well, now i'm upgraded, and have to figure out where to go from here!?!?

3.03 OE-B

12. touran22

touran22 Regular member

now downlado some PSX games.

get some .PRX's

Customize!

Hex editing is your friend