1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cfw 3.90 m33 and location free player

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by josejules, Feb 21, 2008.

1. josejules

josejules Member

Does anyone know if cfw 3.90 m33 supports a location free player? What is the latest cfw that does? I'm currently using cfw 3.52-4 m33 with a location free player, but I have to upgrade in order to play my pro street iso, I'm trying to figure out what cfw to upgrade to. Thanx for the help

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

anything above 3.52 m33-4 will erase the location free player if you install the 1.50 addon. if you don't install the 1.50 addon, then you still have location free player.

so it's either homebrew or location free player.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  3. josejules

josejules Member

With cfw 3.52 it erased the location free player during the installation , but then I erased some other files to clear up space and put the location free files back. Can I do the same for any newer cfw?

4. andiamo71

andiamo71 Member

I have a fat psp, cfw 3.90m33-2 with 1.50 addon 2. I just bought a sony location free, and found out that i can't use it with 3.90m33-2 OR 1.50 (unless someone knows something i don't). Is there any way around this at all? I've google'd it, and found nothing..same for here. Is there a way to create room in 3.90m33 by removing fonts or something? I'd really appreciate anyone's help or input.

5. pspimp

pspimp Member

I am experiencing the exact same situation. I'm trying to create a Pandora battery using the GUI v1.5 but apparently you have to have the 3.90 m33 v1.5 addon installed in order to do this. I have a locationfree player and would like to keep it, but installing the v1.5 addon removes LF player :( I know there are very few of us LF owners out there and that's probably why there isn't (that i know of) any solution to our problems. I'm really hoping that someone can help us out, but I'm thinking that the PSP's flash0 memory is just too small to have everything fit in there. Anyways, I'm hoping for something... other that just buying a Slim psp to use with locationfree :(

6. eslapier

eslapier Member

7. andiamo71

andiamo71 Member

I went through the tutorial, did exactly what it says, but ran into a couple of issues. First off..there isn't a 'module' folder in flash0, it's called 'podule', but I followed directions figuring that's what was meant. When I deleted the 'dic' folder (i got a the 'not enough room in memory' message), and replaced the jpn fonts, my psp semi-bricked....it wouldn't start up to the xmb, it kept saying 'press O button to replace files', but kept coming back to corrupt screen. Luckily, I was able to toggle usb (in recovery mode), get back into the 'dump' folder on the memory stick, retrieve the old jpn fonts and dic folder, and put them back where they originally were. I had to erase the location free files to make the room though. I tried two other things...I went through the tutorial again, this time leaving the 'dic' folder in, but deleting the jpn fonts-no luck, it semi-bricked again. I then tried to leave the jpn fonts in, and erased the 'dic' folder...that created the necessary room, but when I click the 'location free player' icon on the xmb, nothing happens. What gives? I'm stuck and can't get this to work, has anyone else had this problem? I'm running 3.90m33-2.

8. eslapier

eslapier Member

yeah i'm running the same setup, and went the same route (removing the dic folder). for some reason i had to copy the lfp files into the module/podule folder twice because the module folder didn't take the first time. after that everything worked fine. so go back into flash 0 and check to see if the 3 files are are in the module/podule folder. if not drag the whole module folder from your desktop into the vsh folder on the psp, and it will ask you if you want to merge the folders, and say "yes"...other than that i don't know....just keep tinkering, you will get it

9. pspimp

pspimp Member

Yep, deleting dic folder and reinstalling the lf files over to your flash0 works well. Now I can run 1.50 kernel applications like xbmc remote and have locationfree player as well.

10. mugen1237

mugen1237 Guest

I have CFW 3.90 m33-3. I hardmodded my psp and used MMS to put it to 3.71 m33-2. Now everytime i shut my psp off and turn it back on with the battery inside, it automatically takes me to the this list of things, which i did already.(Its the list where you choose to put 3.71 m33-2, and restore, etc., etc.)I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do in order for me to be able to shut off my psp and turn it back on with the battery inside without having to see that list, and not have to always use my A/C adaptor to turn it on.

Plz help, much would be appreciated

11. pspimp

pspimp Member

How do you hard mod a psp? Do you mean your battery? If you hard mod your battery it won't work like a regular one ever again, unless you undo it.

12. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member