1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CFW Remote Play - Need Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by JS0724, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JS0724

JS0724 Guest

Ever since I went from oe to m33 CFWs I haven't been able to connect to remote play. I was hoping this problem would fix itself with 3.80 m33 but it still doesn't work. When trying to register my psp it says there is no psp connected even though it shows up as a usb device. From what I hear it seems to work for everyone else. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Go to Remote Play. Go to Connect via Private Network. Now, on your PS3, go to Settings, Remote Play Settings, Remote Play Start: ON. Now, on your PS3, go to Network, Remote Play. Now press cross (the x button) on the PSP and select the network. You should be good to go, from here. All of this is done through WIFI, which means you need a wireless router. Remote play works on my 3.80 M33-2 and PS3. I haven't done anything you haven't installed, so it should work.

3. drakex

drakex Regular member

you mean 3.71 m33-2 or 3.52m33-2 cause 3.80m33-2 is not even out yet!

4. JS0724

JS0724 Guest

Crazykid - The problem is that I can't register my PSP to work with remote play. I know how to use it but when I try to register it says there is no PSP connected.

Drakex - 3.80 m33-2 is out. I just updated to it this afternoon.

5. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Are you kidding me?!? You're a SENIOR MEMBER and you have no clue that 3.80 M33-2 was released, by D_A himself on www.dark-alex-org, yesterday afternoon. There were soooo many people logging on to his site and the same time to download it, he had to use other websites for mirroring, such as exophase. It's all over Quickjump, PSP-Hacks, ConsoleSpot, Exophase, how does a senior member not know this!!! There are at least 20 threads about 3.80 M33 release date, features, and compatibility alone.

EDIT:
    I was really out of line there, again, I'm sorry. I owe a second apology to the newbie who knew more than a senior member. Come on man, your a S.M. Newbies, Juniors, and even regular Members look to you guys for answers. They trust what you say and respect you. Try to stay a little more up to date, please...

BIG EDIT:
    My humble apologies, senior member. I have editted my post, as you have requested.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  6. drakex

drakex Regular member

Hey I am not f****** and please dont use those words, I am a senior member, that doesnt mean I know all the news, I know that Darth Vader is comming out for PS3... as you can see I have 4 of the 5 consoles out there... Ps3 PSP Wii DS, soooooooooooo I am not on everything besides I havent been responding here, I just got a WiiKey for my Wii, I have been more over the Wii Forums than the PSP, besides nowadays all you see are newbs asking how to downgrade their slims and how to use or hard mod a pandora... so tell me, do you think I noticed 3.80m33-2 was out? I just realized it right NOW, after upgrading my PSP 15 minutes ago, after I posted this thread, I was about to edit it, but you beat me on that one :D

PS I have a life as well yesterday was suppose to be my sunday, which I could not spend, cause I was STUCK at work without internet, so please retract what you are saying, we Seniors know... remember a senior doesnt mean he has been posting on the same thread, I have even posted on the DVD+/-R forums

7. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

If you're having such a hard time balancing the forums between the 4 consoles you have, then drop one or two and focus on the others. I looks so bad when a S.M. gets schooled by a newbie. At the very least, you should do some research on a topic before replying to thread if your knowledge in the area is a little rusty .... makes the rest of us look bad, too.

8. JS0724

JS0724 Guest

This is what I love about forums, people think that your rank on the forum is a true depiction of who you are. I'm only a "newbie" b/c I don't post on this forum. Nobody has been able to help with this problem so I thought I'd come over here and ask. Someone asks a question and the next 50 posts are people attacking each other.

Please try to stick with the topic as I haven't been able to use remote play for months. Thanks in advance.

9. drakex

drakex Regular member

Sorry, I wont let noone tell me what to do with my consoles and my life. I am not a forum addict, I am just here to try to know and pass my knowledge to others, not to get insulted for NOT BEEN PERFECT!

By the way me neither I have a router at home and the PS3 at 2.10 and still havent been able to make it work. I will suggest checking on Sonys forum to check and see if they got a solution, just dont mention m33 there.

10. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

I don't think I've edited this many of my own threads since the great argument of 3.40 OE vs. 3.52 M33. Lots of fun...

Have you tried connecting the PSP to the PS3 via Internet Mode?

11. JS0724

JS0724 Guest

It doesn't matter whether I connect to private or internet. You need to register the psp FIRST in order to even try to connect. This is my problem.

12. drakex

drakex Regular member

Crazykid, nevermind dude, as I say its only a tittle, in fact we are all here to learn, even Albert Einstein had a lesson to learn at the end of his life, even Stephen Hawkings has to learn something different everysingle day, so I say the tittle does not merit us, it only merits how long we have been here and how many times we have replied, for you too my humble apologies.

Now@ I dont remember having to register the PSP online for doing that... I think there is a chance that maybe Sony just noticed and wont let CFW be registered.

13. JS0724

JS0724 Guest

You don't have to register online. On the ps3 under remote play settings you have to register(sync) your psp with your ps3. This is what I am unable to do.

14. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

And there is nothing more embarrassing than getting schooled by a mod for being a prat...count yourself lucky that your posts have been edited. Try to play nice in the future.

15. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

lol. what a coincidence! i was just reading "A Brief History of Time" after messing around with remote play (which wont work for me, thats why ive ended up in this thread).

you know, Hawking almost ran over my foot a little less than a year ago. it was amazing to see him that close up!!!!! (i was star-struck!) lol