1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champions of Norrath

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 86fierogt, Mar 30, 2005.

1. 86fierogt

86fierogt Member

Does anyone have step by step instructions for backing up to two DVD5's that [bold]actually work[/bold]? I backed up and burnt some original discs that were too scratched for my ps2 to read, but this one's a pain.

My DVD Decrypter ISO rip is about 7.75 GB, no read errors, so I'm sure it read both layers.

However, I've gone through every guide I can find, and they require files that I don't see in the ISO when viewing with ISO Buster or UltraISO, including frozsea.whatever files. Both programs show the size of the disc to be about 3.9 GB.

When I extract the files, either with ISO Buster or UltraISO, I get a folder with 3.9GB of files (still none of the missing files). One set of instructions has batch files (programs) that sort the files into two folders for the two discs, and the folders came to 3.9 GB and 1.XX GB for the 2 discs.

Do I need to explicitly set these programs to read both layers, or is there some other problem?

Can somebody please post instructions that absolutely work? Thanks a bunch. I can't wait to get back to finish the game.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Iso buster does not work on dvd9 games.
    You are missing the second layer.
    ps2nfo.com Program=Apache 2

The game has to be re-built onto one dvd-r
    (not 2).

This has already been covered.
    Use the search feature.

3. 86fierogt

86fierogt Member

Ah, I thought they weren't seeing both layers. Thanks! Merging should be much easier than all of the crap involved in splitting. I hear splitting it has been done successfully, but not easily.

And I do use the search feature. I only post as a last resort, cuz I'm an ub3r 1337 h4xx0r not a 14m3r n00b ;)