1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champions of Norrath?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 86fierogt, Apr 1, 2005.

1. 86fierogt

86fierogt Member

I've tried every set of instructions I can find, and none seem to work.

I've gotten both layers ripped to files with Apache with 0 errors, created images with all files' order and LBA matching the original. I also tried with and without making sure the author, copyright, etc fields matched the original.

I've tried merging both with Apache and the command prompt method (copy /B file.000 + file.001 [...] file.iso). Neither produced a functional disc.

I'm burning with Alcohol, a brand new NEC burner, on Sony media with which I've made working backups of other games, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I'm booting with Swap Magic 3.3 on a US v7 PS2 (game is NTSC, SLUS 20565).

I've tried merging both layers to a single disc, and the 2-disc method. Swap Magic loads, I swap discs and it goes to a black screen as it does with a working game, then I get the PS2 browser (scanning disc or something), finally I get the red clouds/ insert a ps2 disc.

What could I possibly be missing? I've already tried every method I can find on every thread of every forum.

Does anyone have 100% working instructions?

2. 86fierogt

86fierogt Member

Anyone?

I'm sorry to start yet another CoN thread, but I really have done everything I can find on this site and others. Thanks in advance.

-Dr. J