1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Champions: Return to Arms

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jprailer, Feb 3, 2005.

1. jprailer

jprailer Member

Hi there...

I recently acquired a DVD backup of the game Champions: Return to Arms, but unfortunately, loading it via Swap Magic DVD fails -- it shows a green border, then the good ol' blue border, but doesn't progess any further...

So, following the advice at swapmagicfix.com, I try booting up with Swap Magic CD, swapping for CDLoader, pressing X and selecting the 5v3 NO PN option... but then when I press eject to switch out CDLoader for the Swap Magic DVD, it never stops spinning... so I can't use my slide card to switch out the DVD for Return to Arms! Anyone know what the problem could be, or have successfully got this game working?

Thanks in advance,
    JP

2. makkena

makkena Member

That shouldn't have happened. If the disc stopped spinning at the cd/dvd loader part, then it's not the game, it's either your ps2 or you accidentally pressed x. I used cd/dvd loader to load this game and it worked. Oh and I Don't use the slider card anymore. It killed the laser of my first ps2. I use a flip top now and swears by it

3. makkena

makkena Member

That shouldn't have happened. If the disc stopped spinning at the cd/dvd loader part, then it's not the game, it's either your ps2 or you accidentally pressed x. I used cd/dvd loader to load this game and it worked. Oh and I Don't use the slider card anymore. It killed the laser of my first ps2. I use a flip top now and swears by it

4. Nappster

Nappster Member

What is CD/DVD Loader? Is that another disc like Swap magic?

5. makkena

makkena Member

The DVD loader is just a DVD version of the CD loader. The steps i use are

1. Start up with Swap Magic DVD 2
    2. at "insert disc" i swap for the DVD loader
    3. hit x
    4. at the DVD loader screen, hit eject and put in the Swap magic DVD 2
    5. wait for the ps2DVD word to pop up
    6. hit x. then it goes to the red screen
    7. wait a little bit. then swap with the backup disc
    8. hit x

6. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

makkena - I don't wanna sound mean, but those steps make absolutely no sense.

7. meb81081

meb81081 Member

Is there anyway to backup Champions:Return to Arms and play it with Swap Magic 3.3 alone? The whole CD loader thing confuses me(I've never used/needed cd loader). I know that to play NBA Street vol.3, you have to rebuild the DVD like with the Mercenaries game. How do you get a game like Champions: Return to Arms to play?

8. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Not that I know of. The whole cd loader thing is confusing and almost a waste of time. It does work though.

9. m21s

m21s Member

It works with swap magic you kinda have to jump through some hoops though. First put the cd version of swap magic in and when it finishes loading up you push the eject button and the screen should say insert bigger toc disk. Then just put your dvd swap magic in and push the eject button again to close the tray then it should say refresh toc. When that's done you just use the slide tool and swap it like normal but you push the square button to start the game instead of x.

10. miry2j

miry2j Member

Had the same problem downloaded and burned cd loader works like a champ.

11. meb81081

meb81081 Member

I Downloaded the CD Loader but how does it work? How do you use it?

12. jprailer

jprailer Member

Cool, thanks so much! It worked, but I had to use X instead of square to boot it. But it works, cool.

13. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Thats the same way I use the loader/SM combo on every game that requires it. not sure what you're talking about.

14. meb81081

meb81081 Member

Swap Magic 3.3 sounds alot different then Swap Magic 2.0!!!!!!! I have Swap Magic 3.3!!!!!

15. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

Can anyone help? I've tried to back up Champions:return to arms with nero, decryptor and A120, and they all resulted in coasters! I used the the walkthrough for burning Starwars BF and that didnt work either. I hear alot about this dvd/cd loader. What is it and where can I get it, also how does it work with a v3 fliptop and swapmagic 3.3? Anyones help would be greatly appreciated this is getting REALLY frustrating! thanx in advance to all who reply.

16. bizkit69

bizkit69 Member

Everyone should try the method that m21s described in this thread using swap magic cd and dvd. It worked first try. Very simple. Thank you m21s.

17. Themea

Themea Member

M21S you are a god, i followed all the swapmagic fix forums & CD loader etc, but cdloader didnt have a 5v3 no PN option or wateva, even burnt dvd loader & tried that (that had the option it sed was needed on swapmagicfix)
    Tried downloadin the swap magic fix from ps2ownz & that went nowhere, then i tried your instructions & woirked first pop, with swap magic 2.0 DVD Disc!!!

Thanks heaps, if i didnt come across your instructions i woulda been patching DNAS & rebuilding all day to try get this game working,

Thanks again!

18. _ICh_

_ICh_ Member

I tried to do it like m21s sayd but then there was an other problem.
    First without his method I was kicked to the screen where the memory card is.But whith his method there is only a black screen.

1.I insert CD-Version(Swap magic)
    2.I press eject and input dvd-Version(Swap magic),to refreh TOC
    3.Now I insert Champions return to arms and press sqare(for special boot)

19. majicmage

majicmage Member

I tried m21s method but when I ejected the cd version of swap magic 3.6 then put the dvd version I got a message saying "not a valid ps2 disc" instead of getting "refresh toc" Can anyone please help me.

20. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

has anybody had trouble getting your computer to read the disc.mine wont read the original at all and there is not a scratch on it.