1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change 3.10oe-a 's gameboot...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jazmon, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jazmon

jazmon Member

Im reading about the Gameboot Path Modifier.

It says it works for 3.10oe-a.

The author of the guide says he puts his extracted folder in the Game150 for his custom firmware of 3.02 and 3.03.

Im wondering if its the same folder Game150 for 3.10oe-a.

im still considering of changing it because im scared of bricking my psp. =\

thanks for any help.

2. guano

guano Regular member

You won't brick your PSP. There is no threat. Really, it's sooooo simple. All you have to do is go to Flash0/vsh/resource and take the gameboot out and put another one in. I know you have prolly heard bad things about flashing and how dangerous it is, but look at it this way: The Flash files are open via USB now in the OE Firmwares, so you're not really flashing anything. You're just manually swapping out files. Trust me, there's not really any risk involved. If you like, you can even dummy your font files to gain 2.5MB of free space. Then, you can have a 2MB gameboot if you like. Forget the gameboot path modifier - it's a pain in the butt and takes a while to set up b/c you need certain files from other EBOOT UPDATES. If you need your font files dummied, (to gain 2.5MB of free space) do this:

Take ltn0.pgf from Flash0/font and copy it to desktop. See the file called 3g1580.bwfon? copy that name (highlight file and press F2 to rename) and paste the copied name to the file on desktop. Then, cut that file from desktop and paste to Flash0 and say YES to overwrite.

Now, copy ltn0.pgf to desktop ONE MORE TIME. This time, copy the name jpn0.pgf to the file on desktop. cut and paste that one into Flash0 and say YES to overwrite. Now that you have done this, you will have cleared up 2.5MB of free space. Now, you can use any gameboot you like!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  3. jazmon

jazmon Member

where is the flash0 folder?
    cant find it on the usb connection

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

Guano is right...no threats at all, any mistakes made are user errors (like forgetting a step) plus the most it'll probably do is semi brick your psp in which case you can recover from. But to answer your question yes the files do go in your game150 folder and i find it easier to do it with the gameboot path modifier cause theres less steps involved after the initial setup. It's just all in your preference. To access flash0 you'll have to go into recovery mode by holding R during start up then advanced then toggle usb flash0. If your completely scared of dipping into your flash0 just go with the tutorial. Either way, if you have any problems just send another message back.

5. jazmon

jazmon Member

do i have to keep the gameboot files intact in the psp memory card? does it mean that if i remove any files will cause a brick?

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

the only files you have to keep on there are the backup files it creates for you. the gameboot.pmf that you drop on the root of your memory stick is optional, but yes if you want your custom gameboot to continue to load you'll have to keep it there. No it wont cause a brick either.