1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Bios while having a softmod?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kyle00, Jun 27, 2007.

1. kyle00

kyle00 Member

Hi...i've been on a break from my modding and i've just lately been getting somewhat serious after soft modding my friends xbox for him...i have been researching and found that 1.6 is about the worst version of xbox you can have for modding purposes..and i have version 1.6 with the 5838 kernel...and i wish to change to a more recent evox bios such as the M8_16 bios specifically for version 1.6 rather than the version i have with Itools...any help would be great..Thanks

-Kyle

2. acidy

acidy Regular member

You need to have a mod-chipped xbox first ^_^

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

BIOS is for mochips, as stated above. Softmods don't change the bios, rather just trick the console into thinking everything is legit!

Why do you want to change your bios anyway?

4. kyle00

kyle00 Member

ok mozilla lets me reply ANYWAYS the reason i want to change my bios is so that i can have one compatible with evtool in order to change my front led light to red without having to go through the soldering bit and what not....and i want it to match with my new jewel that i just put red led's under the other day...so yea i suppose i'll just set media center as my dash and use the led change feature of that and have to live with it

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

XBMC is a much more powerful dash anyway. I would be putting that on a default...

6. kyle00

kyle00 Member

yea...the only reason i didn't before is because i had an old build and i don't think it had ftp support like this one does...i had to burn an evox boot disk to ftp but oh well thanks for your help guys

7. kyle00

kyle00 Member

wait that came out kinda wrong.....i DID have it as my dash before but that was with an older build and i got tired of having to load the disk everytime i wanted to ftp....but thats not the case now seeing as how i think i have build 2.1