1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Japanese PSP to UK PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by atplondon, Apr 8, 2007.

1. atplondon

atplondon Member

Hey Im new as you can see

I have a silver japanese psp which i bought in january

It has firmware 3.10

I was wondering if there is a way to change the button selection so its like a UK psp, because it gets annoying having to press O to select and X to cancel and when i use my ps3 or play uk games it can somties get very confusing!

Is there any way of doing this and will it require downgrading?

safe!

2. touran22

touran22 Regular member

as your at 3.10 then no u cant. u need atleast some kernal access to change the button assignment registery.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Custom firmware will allow the registry hack so you can change it around, so just wait a month or so for a downgrader. May even be this month. I prefer the O as enter and X as cancel.

4. atplondon

atplondon Member

all i wana do is downgrade it - change the button thing - then upgrade it back to the normal sony firmware 3.10 . im not in 2 all da hacking stuff!

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Your going to need the custom firmware to use the registry hack though, unless there is a homebrew app that will let you do it. Its not really hacking, the custom firmwares just lets you do and have a lot more fun with your PSP. Once you downgrade, seriously i wouldn't recommend going back to 3.10.