1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Registry Names???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nyoung, Apr 9, 2007.

1. nyoung

nyoung Member

Hi, I had my computer "repaired" a while back and they had to reload my OS, Office, etc. Well, they spelled my last name wrong and now all my directories, program license registrations, etc have the wrong last name, and it's driving me nuts! It wouldn't bother me so much, but i was working on a spreadsheet for work and it has a lot of comments in it and every comment of course has the registrants name and well there it is!! not exactly professtional!

I already went into the regedit and changed the registered owner at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion] but my programs and directories STILL have the wrong name!

Does anyone possibly have any ideas??

Thank you!!!

2. colw

colw Active member

For your Office applications, I would go to Word, select Tools then Options then User Information - here you can insert the correct infomation that will carry across all Office applications.

3. nyoung

nyoung Member

Sweet! that worked!! thank you!!

any ideas on the rest of the computer? all my directories eg. my documents, etc have the same mispell too...