1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change time of audio file

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 444net, Oct 25, 2004.

1. 444net

444net Member

Hello,

I have a problem with audio synchronisation. The avi file is in sync. When I demux it into .mpv and .mpa with DVDLab or TMPGenc, the movie file is 3:20:56 long and the audio file is 3:20:57 long.

When you play the movie, in the beginning, the sound is in sync, but as it goes, the sound gets delayed.
    At the end, it is out of synch for 1 second.

I found BeSweet to delay the sound, but then the sound is out of sync in the beginning and in sync at the end.

I also tried to convert it to ac3 or mp3 and edit it that way.
    I tried to split the mp3 file into 10 pieces and delay every part 100 ms with BeSweet, but splitting an mp3-file of 3 hours isn't supported by most splitters. They get stuck trying to load it...

Does anyone know a program to edit the time of an audio file? It doesn't need to shift from start but it needs to be cropped by 1 second over the total length.

Or if anyone knows why everything is all right with the avi file, but not after conversion, please let me know.
    DVDLab and TMPGenc both give me the same output files.

Thanx in advance

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Wow, 3:20 as in 3 hours, twenty minutes, right?
    I believe that is 12,056 seconds and so, 1 second out is a very small percentage.
    Whoever did the AVI did well to have it synched at that length.
    If you wish to convert it to MPEG1 or MPEG2, you will have these problems.
    Hell, yours is mild - I have seen 1 or 2 seconds unsynch, in only a 100 minute program :(
    I think there is a tool that will adjust your audio, speed it up so it finishes 1 second sooner.
    I think JeanC knows what it is.
    I can't think or give you a link right now...
    Sorry not much help I guess.