1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change version of any dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shag9499, Jan 7, 2007.

1. shag9499

shag9499 Member

im having trouble with superman returns. using shrink newest version it stops 16% into analyzing movie. i know its probably bad media but was wondering if maybe a different version of any dvd would help? mines 6102. dvd fab didnt work, dvd decrypter didnt work and vob blanker didnt work so any ideas??????? thanks for your help

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If by bad media you mean the original movie, then yes. You should check it over for scratches and make sure it is clean.

When it stops you should get an error message of some sort. That would be helpful to know.

Make sure your AnyDVD is enabled. Foxes head should be red.

I backed up this movie with a version number one or two earlier than the current one that you are using.

3. shag9499

shag9499 Member

yeah i was wondering how i go about installing that version insted of the newest one????? any dvd that is

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If you saved the setup exe for that version then you should be able to go into your Add/Remove programs, remove the current version and then install the older one.

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

6. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I doubt it's the program. Why would a newer version of AnyDVD hinder the chances of a successful backup, especially, when an older version did the job adequately?

I backed this title like I normally do.

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Superman Returns has no special protections on it. DVDFab Decrypter ripped it through flawlessly.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Alkohol is right, nothing special on that one.

If it stops in the same spot each time, that could indicate a problem with the original disc. I've seen factory DVDs with bad sectors that will play, but won't record. Run a read test on it and see. Nero has an app in the toolkit and there is the free DVDInfoPro. Plextools, whatever you can round up to do the read test. If it's a problem disc, you'll see damaged sectors that correspond to the area about 16% in on your DVD.