1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed Neros ImportedVideo path yet project reads old path

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mettam, Oct 6, 2007.

1. mettam

mettam Member

Hi
    I need to copy all my NeroVision/importedVideo to my external hard drive because it is filling up my local hard drive, So I did this and directed my 'Nero Vision E,xpress 3' preferences to read my external hard drive instead of my local drive for the imported footage.
    Now when I open the project it can't find the footage !@#?, One would think by telling the softwares preferences to look here now instead of there it would do that I can only assume that this path information is hardwired into the .nvc project file.

Can someone please help me with this.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I had a project so I moved all the pictures for it to see what Nero would do. This is what I did to be able to open the project again...

Open NVE, click on the "Open saved Project or Disc Image" Icon.
    Select the project, which was saved as a .nvc file.

Because the assets have been moved, Nero will not open the project but gives you a warning about the missing assets. It makes a browse button available so you can go find them at the new location.

Click the files located in the new location, select Open and they should now appear in the project. Nero will warn you that the location has moved and may affect your project. If you haven't changed the asset itself, then it should be OK.

3. mettam

mettam Member

Since your reply I have jumped through many hoops to make this work, the problem was that NVE3 didn't give me that option to browse its a old version maybe it wasn't a feature written in to that version at the time. I have intalled a newer version7 and this gives me the option to browse so Sofar so good... thanks for your reply

J.