1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed operating system

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nikki1971, Apr 10, 2005.

1. nikki1971

nikki1971 Member

I recently changed my operating system to XP from 2000. I was able to decrypt and burn all CD's. I now can decrypt but I cannot burn except to DVD RW's. Has anyone had this issue. Of course I am using the latest DVD decrypter version as well as DVD shrink.. I use Roxio to burn.

Please help.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Use nero to burn with, roxio is on most peoples' hate list! If not nero use dvd decrypter to burn with, Shrink works really well with either.

3. nikki1971

nikki1971 Member

I have tried DVD decrypter. This is what I am doing. I decrypt the file using the file mode. Next I shrink it which creates the ISO file. When I try to burn it on a regular DVD R it stops in the middle. It doesn't matter what I try program I try to use. When I burn it onto one of my DVD RW's it is a piece of cake. I have tried this with my copy of Elektra and Closer. The only thing I can think of that is different is my operating system changed. My media is the same as well as the versions of Decrypter and Shrink.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I would just stick with the media that your system likes. I know it sounds daft, but we all use the stuff that suits our system the best. Burning can be funny at the best of times. My system does not like dash media. So I stick with the media my PC likes!

Pulsar

5. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Would let Decryptor rip in File mode. Then let Shrink open the Video_TS folder/files within and you can pick and choose what to keep. Save the finished project as an ISO to be burned with Decryptor. When there are burning issues raised using Roxio, the first think to try is another burning program. Also make sure that Roxio Packet Writing programs, Drag to Disk or Direct CD, are disabled and not starting up automatically/running in the background. Preferably these should be removed from computer entirely (using add/remove programs) or at least disable from auto startup (easiest way is to uncheck in msconfig found with XP, but with win2000 you'll have to do a web search to find a compatible version).

6. nikki1971

nikki1971 Member

I don't see the drag to disc in the add programs. However I have seen it a couple of times. I am wondering if that could be it. I don't remember seeing it before I got XP. How do I turn it off in the Msconfig part of XP? Or do I need to post a new message for that?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Do you happen to have direct CD installed with your Roxio? If so get rid of it and try again :)

8. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Drag to Disc is an updated version of Direct CD. Both are Roxio packet writng utilities that cature burner and won't allow other burning programs to function. As I said, prefer to use add/remove programs to get either of these off HD entirely. Next best approach is to run msconfig.exe and uncheck any reference to Roxio, Direct CD, or Drag to Disc to prevent these programs from running at startup. Unfortunately, msconfig.exe doesn't come with Win2000 (as it does with WinME or XP). You would have to do a web search for guidance re: getting file and putting it into the proper place to function appropriately.