1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed settings in BIOS, now nothing comes up on screen

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ken_919, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

I was looking around in my BIOS, and for some reason I wanted to increase some things in my Performance settings (I think it was Performance, I have a short memory) so I increased some things and then saved. After it saved, my monitor turned black and nothing appeared after that. I restarted computer and monitor still stayed black. My monitor and video card still work but not sure what to do now. Anybody know what to do?

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Can you see anything when it is going through the POST? If so, get into your BIOS, and set it to the default settings.

3. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

Nope, absolutely nothing comes up on screen, just stays black. Thanks for response

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Try this, then. Pull out the battery on the motherboard, and also clear the CMOS by using the jumper, to do so. You will have to consult your motherboard manual to find out how to do this.

If you try this, and it still doesn't work, you may very well have roached your BIOS.

There are others who frequent these forums, more than I, and they have alot more knowledge about these things, than I do. Hopefully, one of them will drop in.

5. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

I pulled out the battery and then re-inserted, and sure enough, it booted up and was back to normal. I would like to thank you so much for helping me out Gramps.

6. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Ken, you gotta be loving life....proceed cautiously!! Gramps, nice job!!! You are The Hero for the day!!

Happy Easter!

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are welcome, and I am glad that it worked for you! Don't fool with those settings in the BIOS, unless you know what you are doing. If you have questions, just ask, in these forums. There are folks who will help you.

@Starbuck1

Thanks for the kind words, and Happy Easter to you, too.