1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing a VIDEO_ts.bup file to a .avi file

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by meiko1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Hi all, I hope this is not too lame, but I really have no clue how to change a video on my laptop that has the format ts.bup and change it to a .avi file. I want to upload the file and other ones for others to download in to their computer. When I copy a dvd-r to my laptop, I use DVDFAB to do it, should I be using something else or is it fine using it as long as I have a program to change it to a .avi file? I have found so many programs that say they can change a format, my head is spinning, I'm more lost than ever. My laptop is a Compaq cq50-215nr, when I do transfer a dvd-r on to my laptop I use 321 Mediaplayer classic to play the video, that works well. The site I want to upload to is Megaupload. Thanks very much to anyone who can help and let me know if you need any more info.

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

3. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Thanks for the tip but is was no use, I already had tried that program, it installs fine I think. If I put a dvd-r in it, it will play, bit I can't save it anywhere- or I don't know how to. It will not play any video that's saved on my computer and the video that I can play, the program keeps coming back with the message No audio stream on this file when I try to open the video. I just want to double check, when I go to the site, I click on AutoGk, then go from there? The program that gets installed ends up being Clone2Go DVD Ripper, is that correct? I just have a feeling that's where the problem is, but I'm not sure. Thanks again if you can help me out, seems like more trouble than it should be.

4. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Well, I have found out how to install Auto Gk, but it died when I tried to change the format of the video. I deleted the program and will re-install, hoping it will work, looks like it should, thanks.

5. meiko1

meiko1 Member

Hello rtm27, an update on how things went. There was a problem installing AutoGk, I kept getting an error messaage. I went to Youtube and there they had a how-to video, it said to install DVD Decrypter and Vidomi, I did and was able to change the format to .avi. It looked like the AutoGk would have worked, I don't know why it would not install properly, thanks for your response though.