1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing ANY Recovery setting causes my psp to give me the blue corrupt settings screen

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lewish, Jun 20, 2007.

1. lewish

lewish Member

I was happily on 3.03 oe c and all iso cso and homebrew worked fine. I then decided to go up to 3.40 oea but found that with my customizations, the browser crashed on start up.

This made me want 3.03 oe c again .

I used recovery to get back to 1.50 and that was fine and dandy.

I proceeded to upgrade back to 3.03 oe c (manualy) and it worked .... HOWEVER, this time i had an extra fuction under the web browser called "portable tv" , i had never seen this, but whatever.

NOW.. My backup (ISO) of tony hawks underground would not load (or ANY ISO for that matter,) this time...SO i went into recovery ( holding r whilst booting ) to change the "no umd" bit and some other bits and bobs, but NO MATTER WHAT i change in recovery , every time i go to exit (to boot back up) i get a blue screen saying my settings are corrupt and i should press O to reset them, , , , i hit O and when it resets i have to choose my language etc again.... ( THIS HAPPENS NO MATTER WHAT SETTING I CHANGE IN RECOVERY)

I downloaded the EBOOT recovery ( for any OE ) and it does the same.

I also tried all of the above after using the winstaller to put 3.03 oe c on my psp.... its the same!

PEOPLE!!! im going crazy here!! PLEASE HELP ME! xx

psp history, , , 2.60>2.71>1.50>1.50 devhook emulating 2.80 > 3.03 oea> 3.03 oeb>3.03 oec> 3.40 oea>1.50 >3.03 oe c >1.50>3.03 oec and ONE PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You probably should not of messed with the recovery settings. Did you try modding the XMB? Because you may have corrupted/deleted an important file in one of your flash folders.

3. lewish

lewish Member

yeah , when i was at 3.40 i reflashed a pile of shit..... is there a way of getting it back to normal? ie using someone elses 3.03 oe c flash files ( ie their backups) ??

ps , cheers for giving me the time of day dude!! MUCH appreciated! xxx

4. lewish

lewish Member

i dont understand, when the recovery flasher puts 1.50 back on my psp, surly its just the same as ANY 1.50 psp , , , or are there files that are un affected by the whole process!??

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It simply turns into a standard 1.50 PSP. It is exactly the same as if you just downgraded to 1.50.

6. lewish

lewish Member

ok, but why is it that every time i go from 1.50 up to 3.03 oe c and i go into recovery to disable "use no umd" i get the blue screen saying corrupt settings? even when i havent touched any flash files after the installation

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

It's probably your flash1 that's corrupted.

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Never thought of that, does the 1.50 recovery re-flash/restore the flash1 also?

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

It's pretty inconsistant at best. Some say a reflash worked for them. Personally, it did not work. I had to go into flash1, delete all the files. My psp restored it for me, and it was ok again.

10. codala14

codala14 Guest

ok so
    i had the 3.03 oe-c custom firmware forever. i got a lil' tired of it so i updated to 3.40 oe
    there were these 2 files under web browser i never seen before
    one= portable tv
    two= playstaytion spot
    i clicked on the portable tv and watched me some cartoons
    then the hplaystation spot and it said i didnt have the right connection(ohwell)
    so i turned my psp off then back on holdin start to try to get in the ie recovery menu
    i exited the recovery and the two files were GONE
    I DONT KNOW HOW I GOT THEM BUT I WANT THEM BACK.
    PLZZZZZZZZZZZ
    someone help me get them back
    pm me at codala1406@excite.com