1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing DVD shrink region

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tambycat, Mar 11, 2005.

1. tambycat

tambycat Guest

I just backed up a copy of a region 1 DVD with DVDShrink. Making it region free. That part's fine. What worries me is that in the process of doing this, a message came up on the screen saying I had to change the region and my drive would allow me to do this 4 times. Of course, I had to change it back to region 4 when I was finished so now I can only do this two more times. So here are my questions: a)What is this all about? b)What happens if I do change it twice more? c)Can I override it? d)Is it my system orDVDShrink? (In other words can I just download DVDShrink again and start from scratch?)
    Any help would be appreciated. :)

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you wanna look at finding some region-free firmware for your drive. However if you're not brave enuff (nothing wrong with that, its probably best as you're unfamiliar with it) i believe there is software (maybe dvd43, i might be wrong). either way there is software that can do it painlessly.

Rich

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

You can use a program called DVD Region + CSS Free which runs in the background when you insert a disc into your ROM/Burner and fools the machine into thinking it can read all regions.
    This then means you never have to change the region code in your ROM/Burner which usually only gives you 5 changes.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  4. tambycat

tambycat Guest

I have just downloaded DVD43, so I'll see how that goes. Thanks.

5. tambycat

tambycat Guest

I used DVD43 and it worked a charm so thanks again. I wish I'd known about this before I'd changed the region back and forth but then again if I hadn't done that I wouldn't have known to ask. Right? Gotta think positive!

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD also removes region when run in the background, making the disc region free.