1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing full screen to widescreen?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by KeyLee19, Apr 23, 2010.

1. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

So in conversion I have a fair amount of movies that are displayed at 720x480/3:4. They all have the black bars on the sides of them that would be normal on a widescreen tv which I have. However, I have quite a few movies that are just slightly less resolution 720x462 that fill up the whole screen with no bars on the side. I was wondering if while using Handbrake if I set the resolution to 720x462 on these 720x480 will I be losing that much picture due to things being cut off?? I guess the goal is to take up the full screen with these ones that have half the screen as black bars on the side? I am willing to have increased conversion size to fill it up without losing quality changing resolutions if possible? Or will this distort the picture so much that it would not be worth it?

2. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

actually let me correct myself. I even have movies that have been converted that are 720x480 that are filling up my whole television from corner to corner not zoomed in being played back in windows media player also. So why does some 720x480 do this and the others have huge black bars on the sides?? Or how do I fix it?

Other info: I am using a Samsung 40inch B6000 LED television as my monitor running at 1080p resolution.