1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing gamertag unban

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mersonix, Sep 16, 2007.

1. mersonix

mersonix Member

Hi, I'm banned from halo 2 and I want to play halo 3 when it comes out. But, i'm banned from halo 2 so i'm banned from halo 3. Bungie bans your gamertag but nothing else (I participated in the beta, and play other games online). So if I change my gamertag will I be unbanned from xbox live?

thanks.

2. mersonix

mersonix Member

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you are banned from Xbox LIVE then you are banned for life!

Unless you change your eeprom or get another Xbox...

4. mersonix

mersonix Member

I am NOT BANNED FROM XBOX LIVE! I am banned only from halo 2. That's it. AND IT'S ONLY MY GAMERTAG BECAUSE I CAN PLAY RANKED GAMES ON MY XBOX 360 ON FRIENDS ACOUNTS.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No need for yelling, that's a sure fire fire way to get a ban warning from here too!

My understanding of banning is it's mainly related to modded consoles!

Why were you banned?

Can you play other games?

The console is banned, not the gamertag...

6. mersonix

mersonix Member

Sorry, I wanted it to be clear, not yelling, I capped what was important. My gamertag was banned from halo 2 and only halo 2 on an original xbox console. I could have friends over and they could play on their accounts I am banned simply from ranked playlists. I can play any other ranked game I want. I am NOT banned from xbox live, just halo 2 ranked servers. So I figured if i changed my name i would be unbanned. I changed my name (won't say it here in the event of someone from microsoft)and i'll see what happens when I get halo 3. I do know that when I search for my stats on bungie.net nothing comes up for my new gamertag but stuff does come up for my old which leads me to think i'm in the clear.

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What were you banned for?

8. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

hope you are banned, no one likes you little glitching hacking bitc*es

9. mersonix

mersonix Member

Well, I got bored with halo 2 and modded my xbox. And you can check, I never once modded in a ranked game. I just wanted to show people in custom games how it worked and what I could do. I knew that cheating was cheating and I only did unranked games with mods, which is why I believe that unlike most people banned for modding, I was only banned for halo 2 unlike most who are banned from LIVE entirely. I'm gonna play halo 3 clean, always, no interest in modding, it got boring after awhile.

10. under7704

under7704 Member

OK here is an answer that will answer your question, NO your not banned from HALO 3, bungie only bans your EEPROM file from your X-Box and nothing else.

No matter how many time you make a new account ON YOUR X-BOX, you will still be banned from Halo 2 ONLY.

:)

11. varnull

varnull Guest

Ok.. old thread but there is a misunderstanding of how the banning procedure used by bungie is applied.

First off.. if you get caught using a modded console/hacked game in the ranked games they will ban your eeprom. That hasn't happened so this is a specific game only ban imposed by bungie for some (unspecified) rule breaking.

This is what they do with these cases.. They have pretty good filtering in place on the servers (or we would all be playing from our pc's against ourselves) so what they do is effectively ban your ip.. but.. and its a good but.. they only ban your ip IF it comes up in association with a new/unknown user name or your old account.. as you have seen even with a new username the system still knows because of the links to the old username (or is assuming) it is the banned person back, whereas your friends using existing and known accounts are fine.

As you can see a new username doesn't make any difference.. you need a completely new account, (and possibly a different xbox and ip.. my contact wouldn't be more specific) to get around this ban method. You must have done something pretty bad for them to go that far.. most game bans are only for a few weeks.

12. oz560

oz560 Member

you guys have no clue what you are talking about. when bungie bans your gamertag, they do not ban your eeprom. they ONLY ban your gamertag. i know this because my gamertag was banned from halo 2 so i made a new one on the same console and i was able to go back in matchmaking..