1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Image Recorder Output Format

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jawapaul, Mar 3, 2007.

1. jawapaul

jawapaul Member

Hi All,

What I need >

I'm at a loss how to change the output format of the Nero 7 Image Recorder to create .iso fomat images.

What I want to do >

All I want to do it to create .iso images of a vast amount of .mp3 files into Audio CD .iso images for later batch/mass burning.

I really really really want to stick with Nero to do this, as I hate installing too many progs and duplicating tasks etc etc......

How I want to do it >

I'm currently using the create Audio CD feature of Nero 7 (either express or Nero Burning ROM Audio) to create Audio CD's from .mp3 files already on my hard drive. I find the Nero Burning ROM better, simply because I can slow down the speed to 16x to avoid too much corruption of the tracks. But that stage works perfectly so far.

Then..... I am using the Image Recorder as the output device, but of course no matter what I try, how, when or where......... it will only allow me to output into .nrg !!! Arrrgggghhhh

I really have spent a week of research, trying, reading and mucking arund with a thousand combo's to no avail. Just won't do it.....

What I want to know >

Why ?????

What else I've tried >

I've tried using ImageBurn 2.2.0.0 even though I hate having to add an extra step into my already labourious process each time I need to create a master .iso ....... and it won't recognise the .nrg images either.... Arrgghhh Arrrghhhh
    (Yes I've added the tick next to .NRG file association in the options of ImageBurn) The error it gives is >> Invalid or Unsupported Image File Format!

But that may be another problem with ImageBurn, as I can load the .nrg Images that Nero creates into the Daemon Tool Frive, and it loads fine......... but won't be read by ImageBurn either (Disc Not Supported (Audio))

So as you see.......... I really have done my homework, but am starting to hurt my brain now. I've also used various .nrg2iso tools and programs to convert the .nrg files to .iso files. These have worked fine, and are playable in Winamp etc etc..... but still won't be recognised by ImageBurn either (same error as above)

But that may be a problem with Image Burn, as it gets the same error (Invalid or Unsupported Image File Format) when trying to read/write an .iso image that it has created itself. i.e. Build Mode using the imput file as an .nrg and output as .iso.

What I'm actually asking >

Is there another way to simply add the .iso foprmat to the output capabilities of the Nero 7 Image Recorder ? I know I can do it with DVD's..... and have done before. Just won't do it with Ausio CD's at all..... Grrrrrr

I'm using Nero Burning ROM 7 (version 7.5.9.0) with the full pack (all extra stuff and burn rights etc etc) on a 1.8 gig P4(1gig ram) using XP Pro SP2.

Any advice would be wonderful, and save some brain cells along the way ;)

If you need log, I'm not sure how to produce one..... but as it won't even attempt to burn..... I don't see it would make any difference. Same with hardware..... it would be irrelevent to just create an .iso wouldn't it ?

Thanks Guys,

I love your work !

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Neither ImgBurn nor DVD Decrypter will burn Nero nrg images that contain CD audio. They don't do multiple tracks that are required by audio CDs. Why not just use Nero to burn your CD nrg images?

3. jawapaul

jawapaul Member

Mmmm That's what I'd thought......... why would ImageBurn have the file association for NRG files within it's options then ???

Is that just for Single Track Data Files or something ?

Oh bother..... Looks like I'll just have to use Nero then....

My only reason for not doing so is I like to keep things all in the same format..... i.e. ISO files. When distributing these ISO files to other people it's easy for them if they have no Nero installed, as ISO files are more common than NRG greedy Ahead Formats.... ;)

Thanx for the reply, and let me know if you think of anything else that might help....

Cheers.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Both ImgBurn and DVD Decrypter will burn single track nrg images which includes most data disks and all DVD disks. There are other programs out there that may burn multitrack nrg images like those for audio CDs. Do a search for free CD burners. There really isn't any difference between Nero nrg image files and ISO image files as long as you're referring to single track disks.