1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing MAC addy on 360 after being banned?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by georgeluv, Jul 2, 2007.

1. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

i dont own a 360 but i was wondeing if changing the mac addy and reconecting is just as easy as it was with the ps2, seeing as how microshit is waging war on modders. they just ban the box not the account correwct? this would mean you could get busted as many times as you want and just change your mac addy every time correct?

this is just one more reason to get a ps3, even if they ban you there isnt realy any sort of account system, you could sign up as many dummy accounts as you want becuase they are all free and change you mac addy every time.

not trying to flame just pointing out some things i noticed.

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

could u try changing the mac ardress on the 360 and let us know if u get unband

3. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Yea that would help a lot of people anybody willing to try? (i cant as ive sold my modded cosole)

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

its not that easy to change mac address ! and they banned ur 360 unique serial! even if you change that it won't work unless you steal somebody elses!

5. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

they didnt ban my anything, like i said i dont own an xbox 360 i just remember that changing the mac on a ps2 was dumb ass easy and worked so well that they gave up on trying to bust people usuing backups on ps2 live.

that would realy suck if they actualy found a way to stop the modders forever.

what if you go snag a serial from an another xbox 360 via purchasing one then returning it later from best buy? *wink*wink*nudge*nudge* kinda reminds me of the windows multiple activation trick

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

people never found a way to unban the original xbox! so we might as well give up as the original got hacked inside out yet they still can't unban it!

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

we dont know what they ban, its just speculations as of right now, so it may be an easy fix to unban, we dont know.

8. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

It's good to be optimistic mike :)

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

true dat

come on lets be a little realistic microsoft isn't stupid they let the fun and games go on till before halo 3 beta! then they got everyone so good that they all went out and bought the elite!

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

dont give them too much credit, many people escaped the bans and are still playing on unbanned consoles with backups.

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

thats true but the ones that got banned got capped got hit with a ban with pointed ends that hurt when you try to pull it out. lol!!

i think the only way to unban would be a programmable chip that ull need to solder on the 360 mobo!