1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing PIO to DMA question

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mpuwal, Mar 21, 2005.

1. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

Has anyone used the method "regedit" and deleting MasterDataIDChecksum? If so is this a safe process to use to get PIO mode back to DMA? Cant find any other way to change Current transfer mode from "PIO Only" There is no selection. Please help.

2. karatone

karatone Regular member

I had that same problem a while back, I have XP as an OS so i know it works for XP . If you have another operating system I'm not sure if it will work for you. If you do have XP go to device manager and delete the ide controller that your drives are connected to, then reboot the system and the Ide controllers will re-install themselves and reset the drives to DMA. It worked for me just be sure you have the 80 wire ultra DMA cables connected between your drives and the motherboard. I'm assuming that the drives you are using are of new technology and not old drives that aren't DMA capable. Good luck!

3. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

Uninstall Primary IDE?

4. karatone

karatone Regular member

yes, uninstall primary and secondary ide controllers ,they both re-install themselves after system re-boot ,one more thing my IDE controllers were made by Intel, which is very common in many motherboards made today. Check yours in the device manager to be sure