1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing region code

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by NoCloset, Jul 5, 2007.

1. NoCloset

NoCloset Member

I have some home movies I want to send overseas so I need to transfer them onto a dvd but it has to be able to play in Europe. Right now I have the settings set on Region Code 1. Do I just go into Drive under Tools and change the region code and it will burn in the appropriate format? Or is there more to it?
    Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Whereas a commercial DVD has a region code, I think you find that a DVD movie that you compiled and burned has no region coding.
    A movie that was backed up from a commercial disk will show 'All Regions' (the decryption step removes the region code).
    The only potential problem is that European standard is PAL and although I noticed in the UK that many standalone DVD players will play NTSC disks, it may be prudent to make your home compilation PAL also.
    Of course this does not apply if the DVD's are going to be played on a PC, or if the movies are being converted to DivX and played on a DivX certified, standalone player.

Note, region coding on DVD's can be checked with the likes of Nero Info tool.
    If you have Nero, then you have this.If you don't have Nero, then the Tool can be downloaed as a standalone program - it does not require Nero to be installed on your PC.

3. NoCloset

NoCloset Member

Thanks for your quick reply!