1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Region Codes...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rammstein, Jan 5, 2008.

1. rammstein

rammstein Member

I have read a bunch of threads that explain how to remove a region code from a DVD, and there are a lot of programs out there that do this. The problem is (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this one) most of the players in the US play only region 1 discs right ? O.k. so removing the code is not really what I want to do. I want to take a DVD that was created in Germany (region 5) and change the code to region 1 so that the backup DVD can be played on my DVD player.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Why not make it region 0 so it will play anywhere on earth?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

not sure if 5 is like 1 but with region 1 / 2 (NTSC / PAL) one way round you will see a picture but its in black and white...

really it need to go from 1 to other totally converted, i think convertxtodvd can do it, or could try dvd flick a free good app.

-----------

i spose region free will be ok on a pc as it plays all formats, being region free it will stop you haveing to change the region code on the pc dvd drive (after 6 its locked) to last region

-----------
    if region 5 is same as 1 region asin PAL or as in NTSC it may work

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008