1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing region of PS1 Saves on PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Phuzzle, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Phuzzle

Phuzzle Member

Hi all, I'm trying to load my save game from Suikoden 2 (for the PS1, it's a PAL save) onto Suikoden 3 (for the PS2, it's an NTSC game), obviously this doesn't work, so using execFTP I put the save onto my PC, edited it and changed it to NTSC.

I did that, and put it back onto my ps2 memory card using execFTP, but the ps2 browser says it's corrupted data, although Suikoden 3 appears to recognize it in-game, it will not load.

I also tried putting it onto the ps2 memory card via execFTP, then transferring that to the ps1 memory card using LaunchELF, but it still recognizes it as corrupted data.

Finally, I thought I could perhaps load the Suikoden 2 data (with region changed) into an NTSC version of Suikoden 2 (to save that which would possibly be recognized by the PS2 browser), and it recognizes that there's a save, but says 'cannot load'.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Phuzzle

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. Phuzzle

Phuzzle Member

Finally did it. If anyone wants to know, I first transferred the ps1 save to my ps2 memory card using launchELF, then put that on my computer using execFTP, changed the name of the folder and file to the ntsc versions, then transferred it back onto my ps2 memory card using execftp, and onto the ps1 memory card using launchELF.