1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the location of a downloaded File

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by hoodr, Jul 17, 2007.

1. hoodr

hoodr Member

So I want to move a file that was downloaded on Azureus.... every time I move it though it says it can't be found and it won't upload anymore. i want to move the discographies I got into my music folder and still have them upload so that I'm getting upload credit. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can moved downloaded files but keep them uploading in Azurues?

2. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  3. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

There are a couple of ways to do this within Azureus.
    Depends if you are doing it with a lot or just a few.

If you are moving all or most of your files into that directory you can set Azureus to automatically move that file to that directory when the download is complete.

You should be in Tools/Options/Mode=Advanced
    Tools/Options/Files (expand)/completion moving
    The first option, move completed files after download, is the one you want to tick and then enter the directory. You may want to use the "copy and then delete.." option a little below, that is up to you. I guess it is a little safer. Press "Save" at bottom of screen.

To seed the ones you have you must have the torrent as well as the downloaded file.

Assuming you do. Move the downloaded file to the location you want first. Probably best to leave the torrents in Azureus folder, but not really necessary.

Then follow these instructions at the azureuswiki page "Seed an Existing File".

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Seed_an_existing_file

4. hoodr

hoodr Member

So I tried what it explained in that link you sent me and it didn't quite do exactly what I was hoping it did. I opened the torrent file after I had moved the main bulk of the file. For example. I downloaded the Jack Johnson discography and moved the folder with all the songs into MyMusic and then imported it into Itunes. Then, it said that Jack Johnson could not be found in my Azureus program to seed because I had moved the original. I dont' want to have to make a complete copy of the file and eat up hard drive space. When I tried what the link described it started downloading it all over again very slowly from square one. So essentially what I want to do is move my downloaded files... and then be able to continue seeding them for other people. If someone could give me some good step by step instructions I would appreciate it. I still have the original .torrent file for the Jack Johnson discography, I just moved the actual downloaded file to My Music. Thank you much.

5. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

You said you opened the file, but how. Did you do the first instruction on that page?

Go to Azureus > File > Open > Torrent File...

The file button is on the top grey bar of Azureus to the left-click it and choose Open and then Torrent File... Then a new screen will come up to enter torrent location and then file location).

This is how you direct Azureus to where the file actually is, if it is not in the default folder of Azureus.

If you just activate the torrent in Azureus, then it will only look for the file in the Azureus default folder.

6. hoodr

hoodr Member

I know... I went to File>open>Torrent file and then a screen popped up that said

Add files
    Add URL
    Add Folder

But when I click on the torrent file all the files that go with it appear down below. So far so good because those are the ones I want to seed. However when I hit "ok" it starts dowloading those files all over again rather than just seeding them. I all ready have them, I just want to make them available for others.

7. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I'm sorry.

Its been a while since I've done this and just remembered that I had an easier way. I just tried it on mine to make sure. I stopped all the other torrents and the moved file immediately began seeding.

This will work while the file and torrent are still in their original location, like when you first finish.

Stop the torrent. Right-click the torrent and choose "Advanced"
    Then choose "Files".
    Then choose "Move data files".
    Browse to location. Press OK.
    Start torrent again, it will seed.

You can move the torrent too. But who wants that with their music.

For the ones outside. I think you may have to move them back in and then do this. But at least for the future it will be easy.

Let me know.