1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing The Speed On DVR Drive Or Nero?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by toicy4ya, Feb 25, 2005.

1. toicy4ya

toicy4ya Member

My question is this, I noticed that while I was burning my first succesful DVD, although I used a TDK 2x DVD-R, the back up was being done in x1 speed. How can I change the speed on nero or my Pioneer 108 DVR drive? I have other Blank DVD-R's that are at 4x that I would like to benefit from.

Thanks

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Your Pioneer has Precision Recording Technology, which utilizes an auto-adjustable writing technique to enable recording under the best conditions for each disc characteristic at all times. This technology, enables the DVR-108 to achieve optimal initial writing performance on any one-time only discs and helps to minimize the normal deterioration of re-recordable discs due to repeated writing.

When you first initiate a burn , the recorder will assess the quality of the media you are using and adjust it's speed ! -- This works both ways , if you use the best quality media , it may well exceed the rating of it !