1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing VTs video to Avi ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by discboy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. discboy

discboy Guest

I have been looking around here on Afterdawn and I am not finding what I want to do. I am trying to back up some movies from 4gb VTs format to 700mb Avi format. Can anyone help me out ? discboy

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try the DVDCopy 5 from InterVideo. It records in an assortment of formats including DivX (AVI). For a full DVD it takes 3 700MB discs, but has the Fit to 1 disc option that compresses. With that much compression I'm not sure what the video output would look like. If it's factory DVDs, you can run it with AnyDVD or DVD Region Free to decrypt or use one of the free decrypters.

3. discboy

discboy Guest

Thanks I will try that. Do you know of any FREE programs or ones that have FULL access for the trial period ?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Programs mentioned have full function for the trial period. I don't know of any freeware that works as good. The DivX programs will do quite a bit. You may want to check along those lines in the freeware.

5. discboy

discboy Guest

I ended up using 2DVDAVI and XILISOFT DVD Platnium Ripper. Thanks for those that helped. Ed

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

From all of me you're welcome. ;) Looks like you ended up finding your own software solutions though. Besides the big forums you;ll find places like Download.com (CNet) and Softpedia have some handy freeware.

7. discboy

discboy Guest

Sorry about the "all of the people who helped" I had been on a couple of other forums on different sites. I just forgot to look at which one I was on . Those sites you listed Download.com (CNet) and Softpedia are very handy and hope everyone who has questions to use the forums on any sites due to the fact that there are alot of people that can help those that are in need ! Thanks again......

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Just kidding around and glad you got the info you needed. I was serious when I said you're welcome. I hope the forums continue to be a good source of information for you and others.