1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing which VTS file plays after a given VTS file

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by eddiejr, Jan 3, 2005.

1. eddiejr

eddiejr Guest

Hi guys, this has been an ultra helpful site so far from the reading I have done but I am now stumped and could not find anything via searching.

Here is my dilema:
    THe movie I have split has DTS as well. I really like the DTS sequence that plays before the movie....but the one that is on another movie disc. By chance they are both named VTS_03 so I dropped the files in the directory of disc one....but, when I go to the menu and select DTS, the new sequence plays fine but then it goes back to the menu instead of to the movie (VTS_05). I looked in the IFO file for the new sequence and can't find anywhere where it refers to what to play next. If I put the original sequence back in, it plays fine and then the movie (VTS_05) starts.

Also, on a side note, if the new sequence VTS by chance was not named the exact same number (I lucked out this time), how do you change the name of the VTS file to the correct VTS #? Is it as simple as renaming the file in explorer? (i am assuming not!)

Can anyone help me out here? I am really stumped!

thanks,
    eddie

2. dimad

dimad Regular member

Actually you are lucky that it worked at all. Data in ifo and vob files are very "intimately" related, so you can't simply replace files and expect things will work. Any big changes in vob file require changes in ifo files (sometimes in many places). Tools like IfoEdit, PgcEdit can be usefull for this. You can also use DvdReMake (Pro) ( http://www.dimadsoft.com ) - it will do all the needed changes automatically.

Actually you can split with DvdReMake in such a way that both disks will have DTS intro.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005