1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channel order for eurovox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by RedEyeZ, Oct 12, 2007.

1. RedEyeZ

RedEyeZ Member

hi all,

need some help...
    I set all my channels the way i wanted them. my son reset the box, and now I have just completed the 'full scan', and got all back.

Now, i cant be bothered to reset them to the places i want, and was hoping someone could tell me is there a way i can re-order all the channels the way i want, without having to sit there doing each channel manually.

I downloaded some software callled voxer, but i cant seem to get my head around it...none of the options seems to work (tools>channel manager, or ctrl+C)

I was hoping i could set all the channels then reconnect. My PC is in the other room from my tv, cable connection.

Please help....im going mad here...lol

thanks for your time,

RedEyeZ

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep voxer is the best way if you dont want to do it the old fashioned way. In voxer there is a help file that will tell you exactly how to do it. Its basically drag and drop and it may take you a while to get used to it but when you do it will take no time.

3. RedEyeZ

RedEyeZ Member

hi there,
    thanks 4 reply...

i printed out the voxer help file. maybe im too RedEyeD just now ;-)

Do i have to have the cable input(tpest) attached aswell as serial cable whilst attached to pc? Currently, im just applying power to eurovox v, and serial cable to pc.

Most of the options are shaded out when i connect the max v to my pc .
    I have no listing of what channels are on the box ...

Peace,

RedEyeZ

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry not in front of the TV myself. When using voxer remember you have to upload a channel data file from the Eurovox first. You can do this by connecting you pc to the eurovox with a null modem cable, (you do not need it plugged into the TV but you do need power to it). To upload a CDF to your pc:

1. Open voxer, press left blue button at the top of voxer, (says receive service file from Eurvox).
    2. It will now download your channel info save it to your desktop.
    3. Click file top left on voxer.
    4. Click Open CDF File, go to where you have saved it on your desktop.
    5. This will load up your channel list to voxer.
    6. Press camera icon in voxer to open up your channels. Drag and drop them by going to channel number left click hold and drag into position.
    7. Best way is to right click each channel in programme manager and add to a favourite group.
    8. Then go to favourites by pressing the sun icon. Open up each favourite group and drag and drop to your preference.
    9. When you are finished save it.
    10. You need to clear your channel data from you Eurovox before you upload a new one. Plug in the Eurovox to the TV, press menu, config, clear channel data press OK.
    11. Plug pc back to Eurovox, (making sure Eurovox is on standby).
    12. Open up voxer, click file and open up newly created CDF.
    13. Press right blue arrow at top of Eurovox to send new CDF to the Eurovox.
    14. Wait for it to complete.
    15. That should be it.

Now thats all from memory so hope it works. If not my fingers are worn out :)