1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos legion w/ v4, dvd decrypter, gameshark 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lkailburn, Dec 29, 2003.

1. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

hey i'm having problems with chaos legion. i used iso read/write modes in dvd decrypter to make the backup, and a gameshark 2 with my own custom flip top case. i have a v4 ps2. i started the game, it loads fine, goes through the first cinematic, loads a screen that says prologue which swirls away, and then just hangs there. anyone have any suggestions?

thank you,

Luke

2. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

anyone, please??

3. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]what speed are u burnin it on? what media are u usin? also, you made your own custom flip top? thats cool. how did u make it?

4. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i'm burning it at 1x on legacy brand dvd+r media. i have backed up numerous other games without fail. i tried a second disk later and got the same result. yes i made my own custom DIY flip top lid. i'm actually very happy with how it turned out. i'll take some pictures of it, and write up a DIY and post it all very soon.

Luke

p.s. - anyone else have any ideas on why its not working? does chaos legion have that double check thingy?

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

dont own that game but from what you wrote its certailny a possibility that this game has a double check as its the same type of thing that happens to some other games try using cd loader if you can and see if it corrects your problem after all what have you got to lose

6. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

hey, i tried something different today. i played the original game for a bit, and it loaded up after the screen "prologue" went away, i played through and cleared stage 1 and then saved the game. then i shut it off and powered it back on but this time booted up and used the backup copy. i was able to load my save game, select different stuff, but then when i selected next stage, it just hung. so i guess this means it has a double check thing than? how do you use the cd loader? i want to the site you have in you sig and downloaded the iso, but what is the process of using it? i have gameshark 2 disks by the way.

thank you,

Luke

7. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

HELP ME! I STILL CAN'T GET THIS GAME TO WORK!!

i just made another copy, but i used good memorex dvd+r disks instead of my cheap no name ones(which do always work by the way) and again it freezes at that one loading spot. does this mean it has checks all over the game? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Luke

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

cant realy help you with the load process with game shark as i use swap magic hopefuly someone on here will list the process with game shark for you

9. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

devilhunt-from my description, does it sound like the game has checks all over the place? because it hangs when loading the first stage, and then it also hung when loading the second.

*note- to get to the second stage i put the original in and played on that, then saved, and tried to load with the backup

P.S-ANYONE WITH GAMESHARK 2 PLEASE HELP!

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it is possible i had a similar experience with a backup of starsky and hutch (checks if game genuine after each save)but if you can suss how to use cd loader it may solve the problem

11. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

devilhunt-you seem to be quiet knowledgeable and therefor probly have many contacts on this board and others. could you possibly ask around and see if anyone you know uses or has used a gameshark 2 disk with cd loader? thank you

Luke

12. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok been doing some searching around and came up with this for you to try first load game shark and swap with cd loader(by flip)allow cd loader to boot press eject and swap with large file orignal ps2 game press eject again to send disc in wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of screen press x wait for swap by ea method to appear on screen then swap with your dvdr backup (by flip)press x hopefully then your game should boot_X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  14. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

devilhunt- your method worked for booting up the game. i did what you said and was able to boot up the game, but IT STILL HUNG AT THE ONE LOADING PART :( i don't understand how people have successfully backed up this game?!

15. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok just bare with me for a few days and i'll see if any of my mates have got the game for me to borrow and make a backup for test purposes(i'll give them the backup when i'm finished with it) i will let you know what the results are

also if any one else has any constructive ideas then feel free to add to this post_X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004
  16. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

HOLY CRAP IT WORKS NOW!! i used the same method with cd loader as above, but i used a different original disk. i've always used metal gear solid 2 , but this time i used the original chaos legion cd and it worked. does this have to do with the file size of the original disk?

if so, what is a very large original disk. as i would like to just have one disk that i use to boot all my games.

later i'll try booting up the game without using cd loader, but with the original chaos legion disk.

17. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

18. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

it doesn't seem like there are any game larger than 4.37GB, and metal gear solid 2 is 4.30GB.. . i couldn't find chaos legion on there. but when i backed it up, i think it was 4.5GB. what should i do?

19. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok i borrowed a copy of chaos legion and did a backup and it loads with swap magic dvd disc without the need for cd loader so it dosn't have a double check (played first 6 levels without a problem not realy my sort of game)any way back to the problem it looks like you need a disc with a bigger file toc than mgs 2 some thing like devil may cry 2 or gta 3(see if you can borrow one of the games off a mate to try it out) to get it to boot it or you are going to have to buy some thing like swap magic because as you said it works fine if you use the boot sector of the orignal game can't realy help much more than that best of luck

20. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

ok well i appreciate the help!! i'll let you know what i turn up.

thanks again