1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Theory Chaos

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by delucious, Apr 13, 2005.

1. delucious

delucious Guest

I have backed up Chaos Theory to my box using an original NTSC game disc and attempted to patch the XBE files with DVD2XBOX and QWIX. I have also tried processing the ACL using the latest ACL files. However, I cannot play the game from my hard drive. It freezes at the loading screen. Anyone have suggestions?

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I used joschez tut, patched every XBE in the root, but also deleted some of the useless crap like the videospal folder and the "live" content and worked for me.

Usually a freeze means a bad file somewhere, where as DDE means needs patching. Not 100% sure bout that, but read it somewhere.

3. joschez

joschez Regular member

You probably have to FTP the game again and do what BR7 said.

4. delucious

delucious Guest

I don't really understand the need to FTP the game, when using DVD2XBOX to install the game on the box. I have the original game disc and do not have a DVD burner. Other games copied to hard drive this way work fine, but Chaos Theory does not.

It just seems that the XBE is not being patched properly.

5. delucious

delucious Guest

Afterthought...sorry,

When trying to launch one of the XBE files, it seems as though the system looks to the DVD drive as it makes noise, but then nothing else happens. I have tried leaving the disc in but still nothing.

Thanks for your help

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I never liked the "quick" tools like DVD2XBOX. Even if you don't have a burner, you can still transfer via FTP. Then transfer back.

Dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like to see every file transfer successfuly to and from the xbox, just to make sure everything is in order.

Since you aren't using DVDs, it wouldn't hurt to try the "old" way. Only thing you gonna waste is time :p

Also, there is a thread here somewhere called "to patch or not to patch" ( or something simillar to that) and is very good reading. Sometimes you have to "do different things" (other than what worked before to get your backups to play.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  7. delucious

delucious Guest

Thanks for your help.

This could be a dead deal though as I am apparently unable to even load the game from the original disc.

Thanks again.

8. joschez

joschez Regular member

Well if the xbox can't read anymore, just borrow copies of burned games and make ISO with DVD Decreptor then extract the iso with Qwix, then Thansfer the files to your HDD.

9. BR7

BR7 Regular member

eBay!!!! Look for a Samsung drive. IMO, best they have.

10. delucious

delucious Guest

Thank you joschez and BR7 for your assistance.

I truly feel like a moron.

I brought my box back to the guy that modded it and explained the situation.

Apparently all I needed to do was delete the CACHE folder in E: and format X:, Y: and Z:.

I know that I read this somewhere either on this forum or another under a heading of read this before starting a new thread. If it was in this forum, please accept my apologies.

Having worked in tech-support I know all about RTFM, but there should be another recommendation to FTFM.

Thanks again. Game works fine now.