1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 1 not working?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blahz, Nov 5, 2004.

1. blahz

blahz Member

Hello, I currently burned a copy of Fight Club, and I have run into a slight problem. Whenever I hit Play in the title menu, or select Chapter 1 from scene selection, the movie refuses to play and it freezes up. If I select Chapter 2, it will work fine with no problems, and I can view the chapters on from there. I used DVD Shrink and I'm using Legacy 4x DVD-R's. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on why this might be happening? It's not that it takes away from the movie, but it is a slight annoyance.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

It could be the file, did you check it for read errors in the particular VOB that's giving you trouble?

It could also be your media. Not a very good brand. Inconsistant, some may work, others not , all from the same batch. Sounds simple, right? It is, inferior media causes more problems than just about anything. It's not a quality issue, it a matter of the backup working properly or at all.

You can use dvdinfopro to check out both.

Also, slower the burn, the less chance of errors. Stick with 4x or less. Did you try reading and burning it at a slower speed? That will work lots of times with a bad file.

Try Ritek G04 or 05 -R or Ritek Ridata 4x +R. Make sure they are BRANDED. Even if media isn't the problem you'll be far better off with this media.

You can get 'em here for under .50 each w/free shipping:

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/ritek-g04-dvd-r-dvde-blank-media-disc-discs.html

3. blahz

blahz Member

Hello, thanks for the reply.

It may be the media, but then again at this point I'm not sure.

How would I check for red errors in the particular VOB? I'm assuming I would do this by doing the CRC error check. The first 1/2 of the DVD seemed to be free of CRC errors, although I started hitting about 50 errors around 60-76%. It seemed to just stop checking after that...maybe I was just getting really impatient, but it seemed to go much much slower at 76%.