1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter Markers - STUDIO DV 7

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by malice, Apr 25, 2005.

1. malice

malice Member

OK, I've been working on my own personal project and have been using Studio DV 7. I'm taking clips from one of my favorite TV shows and creating a 90 minute montage of all my favorite scenes from the show, while using the 'effects' in the Studio program to make transitions (wipes, fades, etc.) between each scene, as well as using Studio to add 'credits' to each scene as a sort of introduction.

Once everything is put together, I let Studio turn the project into a MPEG2 file, then use Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 to create a DVD (onto a DVD-R).

This works decent. The MPEG2 is pretty clear - not as nice as the original DVDs the episodes came from, but close. The audio is recognized by my DVD player as PCM, strange because the Studio software gives the impression the audio should have came out MPEG2 as well. But, there are no chapter markers and no way to place them as far as I can tell.

If I'm only left with a single MPEG2 file once Studio has done its thing (no 2 'separate' files... MPV, etc... for video and audio), how can I get chapter markers on this sucker? Any ideas?

-Frank T. Miller
    kolchak@ameritech.net

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

use nero make movie function and load your mpeg into it and it will let you add chapter selections and make costum menus if you want.

3. malice

malice Member

I have Nero 6, but can not find the 'Make Movie' function you mention. Can you help me to find that area of the software/

4. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

just open nero vission express it is the same thing, the make movie function just opens this for you