1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapters from different disks to 1 disk?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bruceb3, Nov 11, 2004.

1. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

I've got a bunch of music dvd's of concerts. Is it possible to save individual chapters from different disks to a folder and burn them to a single disk? How would I identify which chapters are which and how would I go about saving them to the folder? I assume that once I saved them to the folder, I could just burn them with Nero, right? Thanks! :)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Bruceb3
    There are several ways you can do this I will give you two.
    1. Use Nero Visioin Express (takes a long time but will be proffesional looking with menu's that you design and everything.
    2. Or just use Nero Burning Rom and create a DVD movie and stick the files you want on the DVD in the Video_TS folder and burn away! (Faster but missing menus to jump to a specific chapter)
    If making a bunch of music videos or something of that nature I would reccomend using Vision Express. If just joining 2 movies together like I did with Shrek and Shrek2 go with the 2nd method, but you will need to make sure both movies are shrunk down with a program like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter first. If I remember right I had to shrink the movies down to 40 something %. They actually looked ok (as good as a VCR tape) Also don't forget you are going to have to rename those VTS files for one of the movies (Just start with the last number of the other movie will work fine)

Hope this help you!!

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

DVD Decrypter cannot compress at all. It does have the ability to rip specific parts but not compress.

bruceb3,

It's also possible to achieve your task in DVD Shrink. You won't have a menu to choose between your titles that you compile together, but it will work.

Have a look at this animated guide and see if that might be what you need.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

let me know if you need more info....