1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapters Missing Audio (Can't find an Answer)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by partypete, Feb 9, 2004.

1. partypete

partypete Member

Hello,

I've searched the forum, but it seems this question never seems to get answered... oh I guess I'll give it a shot too... :)

I'm trying to copy Bad Boys 2. The full rip by DVDDecryptor has a problem. When played in PowerDVD, the first and last chapter have audio, but the middle 3 chapters don't!

This problem still exists of course after compressing the movie with DVD2One.

Does anyone know what's causing the missing audio, or if there is a way to correct this?

Is there a chance the audio will be present after burning to DVD and playing in a DVD Player? I don't want to waste a disk by burning a copy with missing audio, in "hopes" the audio will work in a real dvd player.

Thanks for any help!

2. aaronmi

aaronmi Member

I am having the same problem with The Matrix Reloaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. aaronmi

aaronmi Member

OK, I did a little more research on the problem and here is what I found. When playing the DVD in my player the first chapter has audio as well as the last two chapters. When I go into the navigation screen on my dvd player it shows chapters 1, 6 and 7 as DVD but 2,3,4 and 5 as VCD. I don't know if it would be a problem with my DVD player then, I wouldn't think so because it can playback the video just not the audio. Does anybody know why it would do this??? All of the filenames have the same extension of .VOB so why would one show as DVD but the others as VCD????