1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charging The PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Doyle2727, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

Hey everyone

i have a question id hope to get answered lol

ive bought a psp from someone and it has no charger.. and just today i found out how to make one of those USB charging cables and the little orange light comes on and i can turn the psp on whilst the cables in and have no worries at all.. but if i leave it to charge and take the cable out it doesnt turn on :( and even when i leave the cable in and turn it on i check the battery info and it says nothing is charged

didnt know wether id just be better gettin a new charger or if i need a new battery and charger or any other solution.. all is welcome

im new to the world of psp and im lookin forward to "Avin A Go" lol

oh and also the battery was fine before it ran out and i even leave the psp off when charging

Thanx

2. funman22

funman22 Member

sounds like the battery too me. if not that try a orig psp charger and if both of them dont work its a faulty PSP.

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Also, charging through usb is very slow. If you have your psp turned on while trying to charge, it won't work. The battery will still be draining faster than being charged. Just get a charger.

4. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

thanx guys i spose ill jus pop down to my local games store and ask if i can try a charger or what not and see if it helps

thanks again

5. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

Well the result i got today has helped me a hell of a lot lol

The lady in game cave let me try her psp charger and i had the same result as what ive been getting at home..

Sooo.. she let me use a battery from one of their psp's for sale.

And with that.. it works!!! :D

So all i have to do now is get a new battery and charger then im well away!!

Lookin forward to a bit of homebrewin lol

Thanx guys