1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

charter caught me downloading movies

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by alc1688, Feb 13, 2007.

1. alc1688

alc1688 Regular member

iv been downloading movies like everyone else. i get a letter in the mail from charter.there is a link to the 2nd pg of the letter.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s155/painball64/SAVE0004.jpg
    also the program im using is azureus.
    so shud i be worried and/ or is there a way to prevent this from ever happenin again?
    thanks to all that reply

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

there was another thread about some guy that got a letter from charter about downloading movies. Charter isn't very good so if you can I suggest switching from them. also download a program called peer guardian 2 and run it whenever you run azureus. What it does is update itself with the IP adresses that government, anti-P2P, ad, and spy groups use and block them.

anyway, after reading a letter it seems to just be a warning. do as it says and delete it and then reply saying you deleted it.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

sure just use sites that are legil to download from that are a pay site, what you are doing is called piriacy, you could be in a world of hurting, like the other poster said you could switch isp, but you should do the right thing, also if you have theese on a disk and you don't have the orignal that is another story, i am glad it is you and not me, good luck your going to need it