1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CHASER

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by gh0sTie, Sep 12, 2003.

1. gh0sTie

gh0sTie Member

Hey guys,

I just successfully made a 1:1 copy of Chaser, so I thought I'd let you all know what I did.

1> Created a BWA of cd1 only (the protected disc), using bwabuilder from blindwrite suite @ 4x speed. Any faster and theres just too many spikes.

2> Created .CCD image using Alcohol 120% V1.46 build 711 set at Datatype Securom *New although the game is actually Securom 4.8.4

3> Patched the two together using Alcoholer's TwinCreator to get a new image called patched.ccd

4> Burned the image file patched.ccd, with Alcohol 120% @ 8x speed with Datatype Securom *NEW

5> Bingo Bango....a 1:1 copy no emulation or nuthin needed.

btw: I use a Lite-on LTR-48246S
    If anyone needs the bwa for this drop me a line, as I couldnt find one anywhere that was decent.

cheers,
    Gh0st

2. gh0sTie

gh0sTie Member

Oh Yeah,
    Duh had a brain fart....

created a backup of the 2nd cd using normal cd datatype in alcohol 120% as there is no protection on it.

soz,
    Gh0st

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What is chaser btw? ;-)

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Congrats GhOsTie! Did you use my guide?

Chaser bwa file is available at Portmacs website and thanks for offering.

Portmacs: http://www.portmac.com/
    Go to bwa file downloads

Shoey :)

5. gh0sTie

gh0sTie Member

lol, guess i should read most of the stuff before posting sometimes. Never noticed the Portmacs post. Would have been alot easier lol..duh Gh0st!!

As far as the guide goes, I could have sworn I left a note about the guide as there seemed to be some getting confused through the tutorial (replies)...guess I was ahead of myself, plus you can even see a brain fart in my two posts..most of the point in my chaser backup attempt was to give the guide a shot, and to see what happends as far as difficulty. Well, seemed pretty much a sinch (a little tricky) until I couldnt find a ready bwa...HA!...duh Gh0st again!!!

Anyhow, back to the post...I could say no i didn't use your guide...but that would not put credit where credit is deserved ;)..it's in a "shortened" step by step version of what you have... so ppl can actually put a picture in their minds as far as what should be done..using an actual disc.

cheers,
    Gh0st