1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap cd's or winning combination

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xxBIGJxx, Apr 17, 2003.

1. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

I have been trying to backup Half-life cdr. It was my first backup I tried and worked.

But it took me 4 times to get it right. I tried NERO, POWERCDR, and ALCOHOL 120% with a MAXELL CD-R 700mb. Nero did not work at all. Powercd-r and alcohol 120% the game loaded and was some what usable but froze alot. was not stable.

I then used CLONECD, and a VERBATIM Datalifeplus cd-r 700mb and I hit the right combination. It loads and works fine. What did I do that made it work. Is it the Software or the media? Will it continue to work for every game that I backup that is cd-r?

2. shnoop

shnoop Member

I have about 48 games backed on CDR's. I burnt all of them with cheap 700mb CDs, using the program NERO. Ive onlyy encountered 3 errors. 1 where the game didnt even boot. 1 where it would freeze, and 1 where it would take a few tries to boot. I also have a PS2 V2, so as far as my advice goes use any CD's besides Memorex (i dont like those at all) and NERO should work fine. I also burnt halflife with nero and it did not work for me, so its probably only that game and maybe one or two others that screw up with nero.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2003
  3. xxBIGJxx

xxBIGJxx Guest

Oh I forgot to give more details. I have the V4 GTA 3 edition ps2 using a fliptop & swap magic. The burner I use is a Sony CRX160E.
    Thanks

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

it was most likey the media verbatim is the best there is and maxell in my opinion is the worst for every thing

I doubt that it was your burning software because nero is very good

as for if ti will continue to work you will just have to see