1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheapest place to buy dvd-r canada?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bnghty, Feb 18, 2007.

1. bnghty

bnghty Member

I live in canada and have to pay stupid customs taxes so I am looking for a place to buy dvd-r in canada. I've been using verbatim 16x dvd-r but it is $62 for 100. anyone know of a place where I can buy yuden dvd-r for cheap? or whats another good brand to buy? How is maxell 16x dvd-r? There are on sale here for $35 for 100 right now.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

The made in Japan Maxells should code out as Hitachi High Grade and are excellent disc...top notch media.

Requesting moved to media forum..

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

have you tryed doing a google search to find media? i know there are plenty of places on line to buy media, good luck

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

6. mwong168

mwong168 Member

I get all my media from Super Deal Products which is based out of Toronto, Canada so no extra taxes or brokerage fees.

They are very reasonably priced and shipping is pretty fast. If you want to use something better try Taiyo Yuden which are made in japan. Good luck...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. bnghty

bnghty Member

I just ordered from blankmedia.ca and it came to $134 shipped for 4 fifty packs of verbatim dvd-r and a 200 pack of white cd cases slim. I just checked out superdealproducts.com and it is way cheaper to order taiyo yuden from them. So I'll be ordering 16x yuden from them next time. I only burn at 8x though. Is the yuden 8x actually 8x though, or will it be slower than me using 16x but burning at 8x with verbatim? Hopefully that doesn't sound too confusing.

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Interesting, it seems it depends on what media you buy. 16x Taiyo Yuden are definitely cheaper at Super Deal but 8x Taiyo Yuden are cheaper at BlankMedia. Don't know but I assume burn times would be the same or close.

9. mwong168

mwong168 Member

I've spoken to a guy named Chris at Super Deals in the past regarding pricing and they are willing to price match any cheaper price you can find out there.

I buy 8x media but I only burn at 4x. I tried to burn faster a long time ago but had many issues so I just stick to what I know works.