1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheapmod chips

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by blak_nite, Jul 28, 2003.

1. blak_nite

blak_nite Member

Got a newbie question here. Does Evox work with any mod chip, or only the mainstream chips like xecutor and matrix chips? I was thinking of getting a cheapmod chip, but also want to be able to make backups of my games.

What is the main difference between cheapmod chips and the others (other than price of course)? Any help would be appreciated.

2. ModMaster

ModMaster Member

The main difference is that chips like the Matrix are no solder so they are easier to fit which is why they cost more. Plus you are paying for the name. Most XBOX mods actually run on the same bios which is the only real bit that counts. As long as the cheapmod is flashed with the latest bios then it will do everything the other will do, but you have to do a bit of soldering.

To be honest a lot of people have a lot of trouble lining the Matrix up and getting it to work. I'd always go for a solder mod anyday. I make my own mods up and flash them myself. Costs me £4 each to make and they do everything all the other mods do.